How to be an Effective Mentor Course Materials and Lecture Videos
Developed and presented by Professor Gregory Pottie, this course is about the responsibilities and joys of teaching as an undergraduate mentor.
The course materials and lectures provide practical guidelines for undergratuates to assist other students in the laboratory and during office hours.
Nine lecture videos presented
by Professor Greg Pottie
Click on “Lecture Video” for each unit to open media file and view
- Managing difficult students
- Identifying and getting access to space
- Classroom set-up (EH&S standards)
- Safety (Standard Operating Procedures, SDS)
- What to do in the case of emergencies